Since 1977, Tony has been a Barrister, Solicitor and Notary in Ontario:
- Enrolled in and admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada in the Province of Ontario, Canada on March 29, 1977
- A member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada, licensed to practice law in the Province of Ontario, Canada since 1977
- Appointed a notary for the Province of Ontario since April 26, 1977
Tony has been a lawyer in private practice since 1977 and has a broad and deep range of experience. The following is just a brief summary of that experience:
- Has practiced law in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada in private practice continuously since 1977
- Advises and represents a large range of clientele, concentrating his practice in the areas of Corporate/Commercial/Business Law, Wills & Estates and Real Estate, in addition to providing general advice as required
- Represents and advises individuals, small business, medium-size business and not-for-profit organizations
- In the area of Corporate/Commercial/Business Law, has represented clients respecting: incorporations and other business structures; shareholder and partnership agreements; corporate re-organizations and rollovers; purchase and sales of businesses; strategic business advice; secured business transactions; distributor, dealer and sales agency agreements; all types of contractual arrangements.
- In the area of Wills & Estates Law, has represented clients respecting: estate planning advice; preparation of wills, powers of attorney and trusts; administration of estates; transfers of estate property; resolution of estate disputes.
- In the area of Real Estate Law, has represented clients respecting: agreements of purchase & sale; buying and selling property, whether residential, commercial, industrial or investment; mortgages and other financing; co-ownership and joint venture agreements; commercial and industrial leases.
Education has been a priority and a tradition in the Di Poce family. Tony’s wife has 3 university degrees and his 3 daughters have all completed or are completing university degrees. Tony continues to take university level and other courses in areas of interest to him. The following is a summary of the more formal part of his education:
1977 - date - - Continuing Legal Education
- Each year attends several seminars and other legal presentations held by the Law Society of Upper Canada and other legal groups & bar associations, to stay current with changes and developments in the law
1975 - 1977 - - Articles & Bar Admission Course, Ontario
- Successfully completed articles with an Ontario law firm in 1975-76
- Passed all bar admission exams and was admitted to the practice of law in the Ontario Bar by The Law Society of Upper Canada in 1976-77
1972 - 1975 - - Queen’s University Law school, Kingston, Ontario
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B.)
1969 - 1972 - - University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.)
1964 - 1969 - - St. Michael’s College School, Toronto, Ontario
- Successfully completed high school (Ontario Scholar in each year)
FAMILY & OTHER ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
- Family - Tony’s interests are varied. However, his undisputed priority is his family. Tony has been happily married to his beautiful, talented and understanding wife since 1975. They have 3 lovely adult daughters, who (mostly & thankfully) take after their mother.
- Memberships - Over the years Tony has been, and continues to be, involved as an active member in and supporter of many organizations and activities, including professional, business, not-for-profit, charitable, political and social.
- Public Speaking - He has also delivered public presentations on various legal topics for various financial institutions and other groups (e.g., banks, credit unions, not-for-profit organizations).
- Other - Reading, music, history, cooking, dancing, cycling.